Recipe by karen
Posted in response to a recipe request. This is a modified recipe from one I found in Cooking Light. The original called for a couple of tablespoons of graham cracker crumbs & some Cool Whip, and was called Banana Cream Pie...but I prefer it the way I've typed it. It's also a great way to get some more calcium into your diet.
Top Review by AZPARZYCH
This was a good smoothie, and you can really taste the banana unlike some others. I didn't use the ice since my bananas were frozen solid it was frosty enough. I did all 2 Tbs Splenda since my bananas were not overripe. Made for I Recommend Tag.
- 1 cup ripe banana, sliced and frozen (about 1 large)
- 1 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 1 tablespoon nonfat dry milk powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 ice cubes (about 1/4 cup)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all ingredients in a blender and process until smooth.
- Note: To freeze bananas, slice and place on baking sheet. Freeze for a minimum of one hour. Store extra banana slices in a plastic bag in the freezer for quicker preparation later.
- Variation: Add about a 1/4 cup of chocolate chips to the blender after all other ingredients have been well blended, and blend until finely chopped.