Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This would be yummy for a tropical brunch. From "Home Cooking with the Uncommon Gourmet" by Ellen Heman. The cooking time includes freezing time for bananas and soaking time for raisins so do these things before bed the night before and sleep in ;)
- 1⁄3 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 cup dark rum
- 1 large banana, peeled, sliced int 1/2 inch rounds, and frozen until firm
- 2 cups nonfat vanilla yogurt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- Plump the raisins by soaking them in the rum for at least 30 minutes, and as much as overnight.
- Put all of the ingredients in a blender or food processor and puree.
- Divide between two tall glasses and serve at once.
The taste was good. But I would have like to be able to taste the rum. I let the raisins soaked in the rum more at least 1 hour. Thanks acerast :) Made for Bargain Basement tag game