Recipe by Mysterygirl
Interesting breakfast idea
Top Review by n1e9k8o7
VERY quick and easy - it took less than 10 minutes and it was ready to eat. I did just 1/4 of the recipe for one serving, and it worked perfectly. It was very tasty - broiling it at the end seemed to bring out the flavor of the banana, and this is now my new favorite way to do oatmeal. Next time, I'm going to see how it tastes adding some blueberries and strawberries after broiling.
- 4 cups nonfat milk
- 2 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar, divided
- 1 cup low-fat french vanilla yogurt
- 2 bananas, peeled and thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine milk, rolled oats, salt and 2 tablespoons of the brown sugar in a large saucepan and mix well.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Continue to cook, stirring constantly for 1 minute.
- Spoon 1 cup of the oatmeal into each of oven-proof bowls spreading evenly.
- Spread 1/4 cup of yogurt over each bowl.
- Arrange sliced banana over yogurt, then sprinkle each remaining brown sugar.
- Arrange the dishes on a baking sheet or in a large baking pan and place under a preheated broiler until the sugar starts to bubble and turn dark, about 1 to 2 minutes. Serve immediately. Alternately, you may use a kitchen torch to melt the sugar.