Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Interesting breakfast idea
Make and share this Banana Oatmeal Breakfast Brulée recipe from Food.com.
- Combine milk, rolled oats, salt and 2 tablespoons of the brown sugar in a large saucepan and mix well.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Continue to cook, stirring constantly for 1 minute.
- Spoon 1 cup of the oatmeal into each of oven-proof bowls spreading evenly.
- Spread 1/4 cup of yogurt over each bowl.
- Arrange sliced banana over yogurt, then sprinkle each remaining brown sugar.
- Arrange the dishes on a baking sheet or in a large baking pan and place under a preheated broiler until the sugar starts to bubble and turn dark, about 1 to 2 minutes. Serve immediately. Alternately, you may use a kitchen torch to melt the sugar.
VERY quick and easy - it took less than 10 minutes and it was ready to eat. I did just 1/4 of the recipe for one serving, and it worked perfectly. It was very tasty - broiling it at the end seemed to bring out the flavor of the banana, and this is now my new favorite way to do oatmeal. Next time, I'm going to see how it tastes adding some blueberries and strawberries after broiling.
I loved this new breakfast idea! however I halved the recipe, ate one portion and still it was almost too much!!
I used plain yogurt mixed with brown sugar & honey
I love that you can experiment with this recipe - adding spices to the oatmeal mixture will give it a different taste
I made this for breakfast this morning, halving the recipe. It was more than enough for two. I think next time, I will add cinnamon to the brown sugar mixture, and perhaps use a different type of yogurt (mine was bitter- not the recipe though). Thanks for sharing!!!