Orange Blossom Crème Brulée/ Creme Brulee
photo by Nadia Melkowits
- Ready In:
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 5 egg yolks
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon orange blossom water
- 1⁄4 orange zest
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, for the caramelized tops
- Preheat oven to 325 °F. (~160 °C).
- In a large bowl, whisk together egg yolks and sugar until thick and light in color. Add the cream, vanilla, and orange blossom water and continue to whisk until well blended.
- Divide the mixture among 4 ramekins or custard cups. Place in a water-bath (a large shallow pan of hot water, which surrounds the ramekins with gentle heat while baking and will prevent overheating and/or curdling.}.
- Bake for 40 min or until it sets around the edges and stays loose in the center. (The center should jiggle when the pan is tapped) Remove from the oven and leave in the water bath until cooled. Remove the cups from the water bath and chill for at least 2 hours and up to 3 days.
- Sprinkle about 2 teaspoons of brown sugar over each crème brulée. Using a small hand held torch, burn the sugar until it caramelizes. Re-chill for a few minutes before serving.
- Serves 4.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I am native Bulgarian and I have enjoyed cooking since little. I love trying foods from different cultures and experimenting with foods that I am not familiar with. <br />I hope you get to enjoy some of the recipes I am posting on my blog.</p>