Prep 7 mins
Cook 3 mins
One of my favorite breakfasts. I invented this version, but my Mom deserves some credit for it too. It can be mixed the night before, and refrigerated in a covered bowl/microwave safe container. In the morning all you have to do is microwave it and mix in the peanut butter.
- Break banana into chunks and put into a small blender jar.
- Add the skim milk.
- Liquify in blender.
- Put the dry oatmeal in a microwave safe bowl. (If you want to mix it ahead of time, use a small microwave safe dish which has a lid).
- Pour the banana mixture on top of the oatmeal.
- Stir well, to incorporate all the oatmeal.
- Microwave (uncovered) on high setting for 90 seconds.
- Microwave again for about 90 seconds.
- If it starts to rise over the top of the bowl, stop the cooking, because it is most likely already done!
- Stir in peanut butter.
I thought this was a great quick breakfast that really fills you up. I halved the recipe and only needed 1 minute total cooking time. I also used vanilla soy milk instead of regular skim milk. This oatmeal was very thick, so I think next time I'll increase the milk a bit or try it with skim. Thanks!
I have oatmeal in some form 2 to 3 times a week and am always on the look out for new and different ways to try it. I had some very ripe bananas and this recipe caught my eye. The peanut butter was my homemade peanut butter and I reserved some of the banana to cut in chunks and add to the finished product. The banana mixed with the milk adds an extra dimension of creamy to the oats. A nice change of pace.
YUMMY! I am a big fan of anything with peanut butter and banana and this was no exception. I was looking for a quick oatmeal recipe that used banana in it when I ran across this recipe with the bonus of peanut butter added! I didn't want to drag out the blender so I just mashed my banana really well with a fork and whisked in soy milk before adding it to the oatmeal and microwaving for about 2 minutes. I added some cinnamon and stirred in some natural peanut butter and my banana was so ripe and sweet that no extra sugar was needed. Thank you for a wonderfully delicious and easy breakfast that warmed me right up. This will become a staple in my weekday breakfast menu.