Recipe by [Entropy]
One of my favorite breakfasts. I invented this version, but my Mom deserves some credit for it too. It can be mixed the night before, and refrigerated in a covered bowl/microwave safe container. In the morning all you have to do is microwave it and mix in the peanut butter.
Top Review by Karen=^..^=
I thought this was a great quick breakfast that really fills you up. I halved the recipe and only needed 1 minute total cooking time. I also used vanilla soy milk instead of regular skim milk. This oatmeal was very thick, so I think next time I'll increase the milk a bit or try it with skim. Thanks!
- 1 large banana, ripe
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 1⁄2 cup quick-cooking oatmeal
- 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Break banana into chunks and put into a small blender jar.
- Add the skim milk.
- Liquify in blender.
- Put the dry oatmeal in a microwave safe bowl. (If you want to mix it ahead of time, use a small microwave safe dish which has a lid).
- Pour the banana mixture on top of the oatmeal.
- Stir well, to incorporate all the oatmeal.
- Microwave (uncovered) on high setting for 90 seconds.
- Microwave again for about 90 seconds.
- If it starts to rise over the top of the bowl, stop the cooking, because it is most likely already done!
- Stir in peanut butter.