1/1 Photo of Banana Nutella Empanadas ( Empanadas De Platanos Y Chocolate)
A luscious morsel.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large ripe banana, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1 cup nutella chocolate hazelnut spread
- 2 refrigerated 9-inch pie shells (enough for two 9-inch pie crusts) or 2 favorite from-scratch pie dough (enough for two 9-inch pie crusts)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- cinnamon ice cream (optional) or whipped cream, for serving (optional)
- 1In small bowl, mix banana and Nutella until combined (it will thicken and become stiff).
- 2Set aside.
- 3Divide dough in half.
- 4Roll out each half to a 14 x 8-inch rectangle, 1/4-inch thick.
- 5Using square or round 3-inch cookie cutter, cut out 8 pieces per half.
- 6Place 1 heaping teaspoon Nutella-banana mixture on each dough cutout.
- 7Brush outer perimeter with water and fold dough to make a closed pocket.
- 8Press edges together with fork.
- 9Brush with water and sprinkle with sugar. Freeze on parchment paper or foil-lined baking sheets for at least 15 minutes.
- 10Preheat oven to 400F and bake empanadas until golden, about 20 minutes.
- 11Serve warm with cinnamon ice cream or whipped cream, if desired.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana Nutella Empanadas ( Empanadas De Platanos Y Chocolate)
Serving Size: 1 (52 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 232.3
- Calories from Fat 119
- Total Fat 13.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 129.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 12.8 g
- Protein 2.5 g