A luscious morsel.
Make and share this Banana Nutella Empanadas ( Empanadas De Platanos Y Chocolate) recipe from Food.com.
- 1 large ripe banana, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1 cup nutella chocolate hazelnut spread
- 2 refrigerated 9-inch pie shells (enough for two 9-inch pie crusts) or 2 favorite from-scratch pie dough (enough for two 9-inch pie crusts)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- cinnamon ice cream (optional) or whipped cream, for serving (optional)
- In small bowl, mix banana and Nutella until combined (it will thicken and become stiff).
- Set aside.
- Divide dough in half.
- Roll out each half to a 14 x 8-inch rectangle, 1/4-inch thick.
- Using square or round 3-inch cookie cutter, cut out 8 pieces per half.
- Place 1 heaping teaspoon Nutella-banana mixture on each dough cutout.
- Brush outer perimeter with water and fold dough to make a closed pocket.
- Press edges together with fork.
- Brush with water and sprinkle with sugar. Freeze on parchment paper or foil-lined baking sheets for at least 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400F and bake empanadas until golden, about 20 minutes.
- Serve warm with cinnamon ice cream or whipped cream, if desired.