Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
For some reason, I've been on a bit of an Asian food kick. Probably because when we get close to a holiday I tend to want anything and everything but holiday type dishes. That way, I'll be even more excited for that special holiday dinner when the day comes. I had egg roll wraps left over, and I was trying to figure out something different to make with them. Then while my son and I were at the store the other day he actually requested bananas. I nearly fell over...if you have a 9 year old boy in your house, you understand why. When we got home and I was putting things away I spotted a bottle of Nutella and the idea for Banana Nutella Egg Rolls was born. I wasn't sure how it would turn out, but I figured all the elements for something yummy were there so how bad could it be? They turned out to be super good! My kids loved them, I loved them, my husband loved them...need I say more? Such a great snack for kids to take to school too. Really they are good at any point in the day, even for breakfast. This also gave me other fun ideas to try in the future...stay tuned!
- 6 egg roll wraps
- 177.48 ml nutella
- 3 large bananas
- 118.29 ml vegetable oil
- Place enough vegetable oil to cover the bottom of a large skillet and heat on medium-high heat.
- Lay the egg roll wrap on a flat surface and spread a thin layer of Nutella on it, leaving about a 1/2-inch edge all the way around with no Nutella.
- Cut the bananas in half and place in the center of the wrap. Fold the two ends up, then fold one side of the wrap up and over, then do the same on the other side. (You all know what an egg roll is supposed to look like, right? It's kinda hard to explain!) Dip your finger is some water then press the edge closed until it's sealed. Repeat process until your bananas are gone - 3 large bananas make 6 rolls.
- Place rolls into the hot oil, and fry on all side until golden brown, 1-2 minutes on each side.
- Best served warm, but really they are good cold too!