Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
I have been making this bread since i was 14 years old. it is a family recipe from the turks and caicos islands that i got from my mom. it is moist and delicious.
- 6 mashed bananas
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup butter (salted)
- 2 cups dark brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup crushed pecans
- In a medium bowl cream sugar and butter until sugar is dissolved.
- Add eggs one at a time mixing well into the creamy butter and sugar mixture.
- Add flour, baking powder and bananas and mix until all ingredients are incorporated into the mixture.
- Pour into a greased and floured pan and top with crushed pecans.
- Bake at 350°F degrees for about 45 minutes or until brown and toothpick stuck into the centre of the bread comes out clear.
Out of all the recipe's I've tried, this one is the best. I've never had my banana nut bread turn out so moist! Delicious!