- 1 cup all-bran cereal
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup wholemeal self-rising flour
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1⁄4 cup Equal sugar substitute
- 1⁄2 cup dried apricot, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sultana
- 3 bananas, overly ripe
- 2 egg whites
Directions See How It's Made
- Place All bran in a small bowl, cover with just enough of the water and allow to stand for 10-15 minutes.
- In a large bowl combine flour, bi-carb, sugar and dried fruit, stir together well.
- Mash bananas thoroughly, place egg whites and stir to combine.
- Add banana mix, all bran and dry ingredients together and mix well.
- Pour Mixture into a baking paper lined loaf tin and bake at 170°C for about an hour or until done.
- Best served toasted.