Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 hrs
haven't made this but I wrote it down some time ago in 1983. Just found it now in the back of one of my books..submitting it so I don't loose it again,.. Still it does look good....I will give it a try....
- 2 cups chopped dried apricots
- 3 cups chopped dried prunes
- 1⁄4 cup chopped dates
- 2 cups mixed dried fruit, and peel
- 2 cups raisins
- 1⁄2 cup brandy
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 3 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 ripe mashed bananas
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecans
- Soak all the fruit in the brandy overnite covered.
- Cream butter and sugar until smooth.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each.
- Combine all dry ingredients and add to butter mixture, bananas, and fruit one third at a time, until all combined.
- Fold in the pecans.
- Bake in a preheated oven 250 degrees F.
- Pour into a 10 inch pan and bake for 4 hours.
- (I would use a tube pan, greased and floured.) Cool slightly when removed.
- Wrap in a brandy soaked cheesecloth, then in foil.
- Keep in a air tight tin.