Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
These are so super yummy & you can switch the toppings up however you would like - try pistachios, pecans, or mint with carob. Put popsicle sticks in the end for ease!
- 5-10 bananas (depends on the size)
- 236.59 ml almonds, crushed
- 236.59 ml walnuts, crushed
- 236.59 ml carob powder
- 236.59 ml dried coconut
- Place all of the ingredients on seperate plates and then roll one banana at a time through each of the ingredients. Press the nuts in a bit so they stick.
- Once each banana is loaded with goodies place on a piece of wax paper and freeze.
- Keep them frozen until your ready to eat them!
This has always been such a favorite for me, and my DS as well! The possibilities are endless here...if you are not going for a raw treat you can dip the banana in soy or regular yogurt before rolling in the goodies. This adds great flavor AND helps the nuts/chips stick. Otherwise you want to make sure your bananas are nice and ripe so they are soft enough to press the toppings into. Thanks for reminding me about this old favorite, Mindy! Made for Veg*n Swap #26.
Awesome, what a treat! It might seem a little crazy trying out a popsicle recipe in the middle of winter, but this sounded so good, I could not resist. And Im so glad I did try this even though it is freezing outside! It is super tasty with a deep chocolate and nut flavour and so healthy, too. The perfect snack, youre right. Mmmm, Ill surely keep this handy.
THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing a true winner with us, Mindy!
Made and reviewed for my chosen chef during Veggie Swap #29 December 2010.