These are sugar free, fat free, dairy free, and egg free! And you can't even taste the whole wheat flour in them at all! They are so good and delish that I promise you will not feel deprived any longer if you are dieting! The 1 point is for Weight Watchers.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup mashed banana (about 1 medium)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup artificial sweetener (honey can be substituted)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon banana extract (if banana extract is unavailable, just add an extra teaspoon of vanilla or 1 more banana)
- 1Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Spray 12 muffin cups with non-stick spray or line with paper liners.
- 3Mix all the dry ingredients together first, then add the wet.
- 4Mix well and spoon into the muffin cups.
- 5Bake for 15 - 20 minutes until they test done.
- 6Enjoy! These are a very yummy and pleasant change to the normal "corny" cornbread. Very sweet and great for any time of the day.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana Cornbread Muffins - 1 Point
Serving Size: 1 (61 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 86.9
- Calories from Fat 5
- Total Fat 0.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 144.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 2.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: