Recipe by TiffySugar
These are sugar free, fat free, dairy free, and egg free! And you can't even taste the whole wheat flour in them at all! They are so good and delish that I promise you will not feel deprived any longer if you are dieting! The 1 point is for Weight Watchers.
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup mashed banana (about 1 medium)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 cup artificial sweetener (honey can be substituted)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon banana extract (if banana extract is unavailable, just add an extra teaspoon of vanilla or 1 more banana)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray 12 muffin cups with non-stick spray or line with paper liners.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together first, then add the wet.
- Mix well and spoon into the muffin cups.
- Bake for 15 - 20 minutes until they test done.
- Enjoy! These are a very yummy and pleasant change to the normal "corny" cornbread. Very sweet and great for any time of the day.