Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Delicious, healthy, no-bake tart from Martha Stewart Living.
Make and share this Banana, Coconut, and Cashew-Cream Tart (No Bake) recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole pecans
- 1 pinch coarse salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups pitted dates
- 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked overnight and thoroughly drained
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup, and more to taste
- 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup, and more to taste
- 1 vanilla bean, split and scraped
- 3⁄4 cup desiccated coconut
- 3 -4 bananas (ripe but firm)
- Make tart shell: Coarsely chop pecans and salt in a food processor. Add dates; pulse until thoroughly combined, 15 to 20 seconds. Add syrup; pulse just until combined and mixture sticks together. Press nut mixture firmly and evenly into a 9-inch pie plate, wetting your fingers as needed. Set tart shell aside.
- Make filling: Grind nuts to a coarse paste in a blender. Add water, syrup, and vanilla scrapings; blend until smooth, about 5 minutes, scraping sides as needed. Mixture should be the consistency of thick pancake batter. Set aside 2 tablespoons coconut; add remainder to blender, and process to combine. Pour into prepared shell, spreading evenly.
- Thinly slice bananas on the bias; arrange in slightly overlapping rows, beginning at edge of tart. Sprinkle with reserved coconut; serve immediately.