- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2⁄3 cup banana, ripened and mashed
- 1⁄2 cup cooking oil
- 2 egg whites
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl combine flour,baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. In a separate bowl beat together egg yolks, milk, banana, and oil. Gradually stir in the yolk mixture with the flour mixture until combined but slightly lumpy.
- In a medium bowl whisk the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Gently fold the egg whites into the rest of the batter, leaving a few white fluffs of egg white. * Don't over mix.
- Pour 1 to 1 1/4 cup batter into grids of a preheated, lightly greased waffle iron. Close lid quickly and do not open during baking. Bake according to manufacturer's directions.
- When done use a fork to lift waffle from grid. Repeat with remaining batter. Keep waffles warm in oven while cooking remaining waffles. Serve with maple syrup.