Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Moist cookies, like little banana cakes.
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2⁄3 cup shortening
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (3-4)
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Grease cookie sheet.
- In a large bowl, beat 1 1/4 cup sugar, shortening and vanilla until fluffy.
- Beat in eggs and then bananas.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda.
- Beat into sugar mixture.
- Chill 30 minutes.
- Drop by teaspoon onto cookie sheet.
- Mix together remaining sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over cookies.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or lightly browned.
Taste like muffin tops!!! :)
I liked these, but didn't love them. I took these to a function this morning as one of four cookies, and these were eaten the least. I may try again and add more spices, as other reviewers have suggested. I also would have to agree with others that they are probably great for kids as they are. I had trouble keeping the bottoms from browning; wish I'd noted the reviewer who suggested lowering the temperature!
They were ok, but not the best flavor and were almost too soft to be considered cookies. The chilling did help though