Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I came up with this last night. It is a good way to use up leftover coconut milk. Like all banana breads, the flavor is much better the second day.
- 4 ripe mashed bananas
- 7 1⁄2 ounces cans coconut milk (high quality, thick, not the watered down kind)
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 -2 1⁄2 cups flour
- Mix wet ingredients, and dry ingredients.
- Mixture will be lumpy.
- Pour mixture into a greased loaf pan, and bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted in the middle of the loaf comes out clean.
Ok, it may be my own stupidity, but this makes more than one loaf. I tried to make one loaf and it bubbled over in the oven and caused a huge smokey mess! I had to throw mine out because it just wouldn't cook all the way through. Advice: make this into two loaves!
This is a great thermomix recipe. Only thing is it wasn't lumpy so I added another 1/2 c of flour. I also sub the plain flour for SR flour & added 1/4t baking powder. Can't wait for the to get out of the oven!
This will be my go to Banana bread/cake recipe from here on out. It turned out super moist, not too sweet w/ right amount of spice. The olive oil made this so tasty. It makes a lot, so I buttered