Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Yummy no mixer required banana bread!
- 3 -4 ripe bananas, smashed
- 1⁄3 cup melted butter
- 1 cup sugar (can easily reduce to 3/4 cup)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- With a wooden spoon, mix butter into the mashed bananas in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix in the sugar, egg, and vanilla.
- Sprinkle the baking soda and salt over the mixture and mix inches.
- Add the flour last, mix.
- Pour mixture into a buttered 4x8 inch loaf pan.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Cool on a rack. Remove from pan and slice to serve.