Recipe by Knitting Granny
After trying many recipes for banana bread, this is the one we like the best. Very moist and aromatic. Delicious!
- 2 bananas, very ripe
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, mash the bananas.
- Add the egg, buttermilk, brown sugar and vanilla.
- Whisk all together until egg yoke has broken and mixture is well mixed.
- In a large bowl, measure the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Whisk all together until thoroughly mixed.
- Stir in the liquid ingredients just until all dry ingredients are moistened. There will be lumps.
- Pour batter into a greased loaf pan (9" x 5").
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Test for doneness with toothpick inserted into middle of loaf - it should come out clean.
- Cool loaf in pan for 5 minutes, then carefully turn out onto a rack to cool thoroughly.
- Can be stored at room temperature if you're going to eat it up within a couple of days.
- Otherwise store in the fridge.