Recipe by Dorel
I like to put bran in my muffin recipes and had very ripe bananas and couldn't find the recipe I needed on zaar. This is from Meals.com. Very healthy.
Top Review by BrotherAdso
Quite a good bran muffin recipe, but I didn't get quite as much banana flavor as hoped for -- though this rating may be invalidated by my using of oat rather than wheat bran. Everyone should try these and compare them to Honey Whole Wheat Banana Muffins, Recipe #115432, and my own Handyman Bran Muffins, #151769, before you decide on a favorite muffin, since all three recipes are good!
- 1 cup wheat bran
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 3⁄4 cup milk (I use skim)
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup brown sugar, depending on how sweet you like your muffins.
- 1⁄4 cup oil (canola is best)
- 1 eggs or 1⁄4 cup egg substitute
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour (I use whole wheat)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts (may be omitted)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl combine bran, mashed banana, and milk, stirring well.
- Let stand 5 minutes then add brown sugar, oil, and egg and mix well.
- In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt and nuts if using.
- Stir into the bran mixture until just combined.
- Spoon into greased or paper lined muffin tins.
- Bake at 375F for 20 to 30 minutes.
- If you make 12 muffins bake for about 20 minutes.
- I made 6 giant muffins and baked for 30 minutes.