Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a healthy, simple, crunchy recipe I found in Reader's Digest and altered slightly. It's yummy!
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated lemon, zest of
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 lb banana, cut into 1/2 inch-thick slices
- 1 lb apple, cut into 1/2 inch chunks (fuji or granny smith are best)
- 2 stalks celery, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 2⁄3 cup dry roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped (if you are allergic to peanuts or prefer a different nut, you can substitute)
- In a large bowl, whisk together the honey, lemon zest and juice, salt, ginger and nutmeg.
- Add the bananas, apples, celery and peanuts; toss and serve.
A delightfully fresh clean taste which was enjoyed by all. Only suggestion is that if the salad has to stand for a while, that the banana be added at the last moment as it is inclined to discolour. Excellent, easy and tasty meal.