1 hr 35 mins
1 hr 15 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 large very ripe bananas
- 118.29 ml dark brown sugar
- 59.14 ml applesauce
- 2 eggs
- 236.59 ml all-purpose flour
- 177.44 ml ground almond meal
- 14.79 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 1.23 ml nutmeg
- 1.23 ml ginger
- 2 large golden delicious apples, sliced
- 59.14 ml honey
- 14.79 ml melted organic butter, for greasing
- 177.44 ml frozen blueberries
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Arrange sliced apples on a baking sheet and drizzle honey over them. Bake at 400 degrees for 10-15 minutes until apples are moist and tender.
- 3Remove apples from the oven and lower the oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- 4In a large bowl, mash bananas and brown sugar until creamy, don't worry if there are a few lumps.
- 5Add the apple sauce and eggs and beat with a whisk until well combined.
- 6Add the flour, almond meal, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger; use a spatula to fold together.
- 7Grease the cake pan with melted butter and arrange one layer of apple slices on the bottom of the pan.
- 8Pour half the banana batter into the pan, and arrange a second layer of apples around the outside edges.
- 9Spoon frozen blueberries into the center area of the cake and gently cover with the remaining batter.
- 10Bake the cake in 350 degree oven for about 1 hour; check it at 45mins.
- 11Serve with natural yoghurt and a drizzle of honey.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana Apple & Blueberry Surprise Cake
Serving Size: 1 (123 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 204.6
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 37.7 mg
- Sodium 115.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 24.2 g
- Protein 3.8 g