The use of a balsamic vinegar flavored with fruit is the perfect complement to sweet, fresh strawberries. You could also use a combination of fresh berries, if you prefer. Recipe from Eva Longoria. *Cooking time is really refrigeration time. Notes: Personally, I wouldn't let the strawberries marinate any longer than the 20 minutes or they will be too strongly flavored. The whipped cream really balances the flavors!
- 16 ounces strawberries, ripe, hulled and quartered (or you could do a combination of strawberries, raspberries and blackberries! About 4 cups)
- 1⁄2 cup flavored balsamic vinegar (use either dark cherry or raspberry)
- whipped cream (to garnish)
- Place the prepped berries into a medium-sized bowl and pour the flavored vinegar over them. Place in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
- Use a slotted spoon to divide the berries amongst 4 champagne glasses. Let as much or as little vinegar into the glass as desired. Top with a spoonful of whipped cream. Serve cold.