Recipe by LifeIsGood
The use of a balsamic vinegar flavored with fruit is the perfect complement to sweet, fresh strawberries. You could also use a combination of fresh berries, if you prefer. Recipe from Eva Longoria. *Cooking time is really refrigeration time. Notes: Personally, I wouldn't let the strawberries marinate any longer than the 20 minutes or they will be too strongly flavored. The whipped cream really balances the flavors!
Top Review by momaphet
I made this as written other than reducing the serving size. The balsamic vinegar really improved the flavor of some end of the season berries that were pretty blah before it was added. I will do this again. Thanks for sharing made for the 2014 Culinary Quest for the Crusin' Culinary Queens.
- 16 ounces strawberries, ripe, hulled and quartered (or you could do a combination of strawberries, raspberries and blackberries! About 4 cups)
- 1⁄2 cup flavored balsamic vinegar (use either dark cherry or raspberry)
- whipped cream (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the prepped berries into a medium-sized bowl and pour the flavored vinegar over them. Place in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
- Use a slotted spoon to divide the berries amongst 4 champagne glasses. Let as much or as little vinegar into the glass as desired. Top with a spoonful of whipped cream. Serve cold.