Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Garden-fresh flavors simply presented are sure to please. And nobody but the cook needs to know how easy this one is. ;)
- 4 -6 slicing cucumbers (8-10 pickling cucumbers)
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 -4 tablespoons fresh basil, snipped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic (to taste)
- Peel cucumbers if waxed/oiled or, if they are fresh from the garden or farmers market, skip this step.
- Cut cucumbers in bite-sized chunks.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and chill for an hour before serving.
very tasty. I'll be making it again
Wow! We used the good stuff (for the balsamic and olive oil) and it made it like a fancy Italian antipasto, only you expect to bite into tomatoes, not cucumbers, but it so works! We love lots of veggies, so this served 4 for us.
Very tasty and oh so easy! Thanks for sharing!