My family enjoys these flavors in the Balsamic Chicken and Fresh Mozzeralla recipe from allrecipes.com. I turned it into a salad with great results.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb chicken tenders
- 1 (6 ounce) package portabella mushroom caps, sliced
- 2 heads romaine lettuce hearts, chopped
- 2 green onions, sliced diagonal
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 6 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 4 tablespoons fresh basil, sliced
- 16 ounces balsamic vinaigrette (Newman's Own Lighten up!)
- balsamic vinegar
- 1Marinade chicken tenders with 1/3 bottle of Balsamic Vinegarette. In seperate container, marinade portabella caps in 1/3 bottle of vinegarette. Marinade both at least 30 minutes.
- 2Preheat broiler. Prepare salad ingredients. Toss romaine, green onions and tomatoes.
- 3Place chicken and mushrooms on broiler pan, broil 2 inches from heat 3-4 minutes per side, until chicken tenders are cooked through and golden. Remove from heat.
- 4Slice chicken tenders and mushrooms. Plate salad greens on 4 plates. Distribute chicken and mushrooms evenly. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle fresh basil over top. Serve with balsamic vinegarette. Sprinkle balsamic vinegar for those who like a little extra tang.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Balsamic Chicken Salad
Serving Size: 1 (596 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 333.2
- Calories from Fat 109
- Total Fat 12.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 99.4 mg
- Sodium 373.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.4 g
- Sugars 7.0 g
- Protein 41.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: