Recipe by Sugarmagnolia_fl
My family enjoys these flavors in the Balsamic Chicken and Fresh Mozzeralla recipe from allrecipes.com. I turned it into a salad with great results.
- 1 lb chicken tenders
- 1 (6 ounce) package portabella mushroom caps, sliced
- 2 heads romaine lettuce hearts, chopped
- 2 green onions, sliced diagonal
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 6 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 4 tablespoons fresh basil, sliced
- 16 ounces balsamic vinaigrette (Newman's Own Lighten up!)
- balsamic vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Marinade chicken tenders with 1/3 bottle of Balsamic Vinegarette. In seperate container, marinade portabella caps in 1/3 bottle of vinegarette. Marinade both at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat broiler. Prepare salad ingredients. Toss romaine, green onions and tomatoes.
- Place chicken and mushrooms on broiler pan, broil 2 inches from heat 3-4 minutes per side, until chicken tenders are cooked through and golden. Remove from heat.
- Slice chicken tenders and mushrooms. Plate salad greens on 4 plates. Distribute chicken and mushrooms evenly. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle fresh basil over top. Serve with balsamic vinegarette. Sprinkle balsamic vinegar for those who like a little extra tang.