Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe is intended to be used in my "Spinach Salad with Shrimp" recipe, which is also in the data base. However, it could be tossed with a variety of things such as boiled potatoes, asparagus, broccoli, or any spinach salad.
- In a large heavy skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until crisp.
- Transfer to paper, drain and reserve as salad ingredient.
- Reserving 3 T bacon drippings,remove skillet from heat.
- Mix in oil.
- Whisk in vinegar, shallots, garlic, and brown sugar.
- Stir over medium-low heat until just warm.
- Use as a dressing for my"Spinach Salad with Shrimp", which is also in the data base.