Recipe by Normaone
This recipe is intended to be used in my "Spinach Salad with Shrimp" recipe, which is also in the data base. However, it could be tossed with a variety of things such as boiled potatoes, asparagus, broccoli, or any spinach salad.
- 5 slices thick bacon, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large heavy skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until crisp.
- Transfer to paper, drain and reserve as salad ingredient.
- Reserving 3 T bacon drippings,remove skillet from heat.
- Mix in oil.
- Whisk in vinegar, shallots, garlic, and brown sugar.
- Stir over medium-low heat until just warm.
- Use as a dressing for my"Spinach Salad with Shrimp", which is also in the data base.