Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe is intended to be used in my "Spinach Salad with Shrimp" recipe, which is also in the data base. However, it could be tossed with a variety of things such as boiled potatoes, asparagus, broccoli, or any spinach salad.
- 5 slices thick bacon, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- In a large heavy skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until crisp.
- Transfer to paper, drain and reserve as salad ingredient.
- Reserving 3 T bacon drippings,remove skillet from heat.
- Mix in oil.
- Whisk in vinegar, shallots, garlic, and brown sugar.
- Stir over medium-low heat until just warm.
- Use as a dressing for my"Spinach Salad with Shrimp", which is also in the data base.