Recipe by TransplantedHusker
Got this receipe from a cookbook "The Baldpate Collections". The Baldpate Inn is a wonderful bed and breakfast/lodge nestled in the Rocky Mountains near Estes Park, Colorado. If you are in the area, the Baldpate is a MUST see....and eat!
Top Review by ~Nimz~
I really enjoyed the flavor that the Knorr's vegetable soup mix added to this casserole. Not so much for DH. It's easy to make and simple to serve. I like that on a lazy Sunday morning. Thanks for sharing. I'll make this one again. Made for PAC Spring 2012
- 1 lb breakfast sausage, browned and drained (we like sage flavor)
- 0.5 (1 ounce) dry vegetable soup mix (Mrs. Grass, Knorr's)
- 1 cup swiss cheese, shredded
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup baking mix
- 4 eggs, beaten or 4 egg substitute, equilvalent beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix together sausage, dry soup mix and cheese.
- Spread evenly in a well-greased 9-inch glass pie pan.
- Stir together the baking mix, milk and beaten eggs, pour over sausage mixture.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until golden.
- After removing from oven, brush with melted butter.