Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Got this receipe from a cookbook "The Baldpate Collections". The Baldpate Inn is a wonderful bed and breakfast/lodge nestled in the Rocky Mountains near Estes Park, Colorado. If you are in the area, the Baldpate is a MUST see....and eat!
- 1 lb breakfast sausage, browned and drained (we like sage flavor)
- 0.5 (1 ounce) dry vegetable soup mix (Mrs. Grass, Knorr's)
- 1 cup swiss cheese, shredded
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup baking mix
- 4 eggs, beaten or 4 egg substitute, equilvalent beaten
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix together sausage, dry soup mix and cheese.
- Spread evenly in a well-greased 9-inch glass pie pan.
- Stir together the baking mix, milk and beaten eggs, pour over sausage mixture.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until golden.
- After removing from oven, brush with melted butter.
I really enjoyed the flavor that the Knorr's vegetable soup mix added to this casserole. Not so much for DH. It's easy to make and simple to serve. I like that on a lazy Sunday morning. Thanks for sharing. I'll make this one again. Made for PAC Spring 2012
I took 2 photos, the first shows only the meat combo before the egg mixture is added. The second photo shows the last piece just before being eaten. My DH declared the following, "this is 5 stars all the way!" I made it as instructed. 3 of our grandchildren wanted to eat with us it smelled so good. There was absolutely none left. DH also said, "This would be great to take to church for a 'carry-in dish'. It is very easy to make. Made for PAC Fall 2012.