Interesting ingredients for an interesting recipe from Carolyn at AllRecipes. Try other cake flavors, as well as different kinds of jam flavors. This recipe calls for dough for a double crust pie. You can either use your own pie crust recipe, or from a mix, for those who may be intimidated by a pie crust. Feel free to use other kinds of jams and cake mixes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) yellow cake mix
For cake mix
- 1 (11 ounce) pie crust mix, to make 2 crusts
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 2 cups strawberry jam
- 1Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2Prepare cake mix: to the cake mix, add the water, oil and eggs and mix for 30 seconds at low speed to combine the ingredients. Then mix at medium speed for 2 minutes.
- 3Set aside.
- 4Prepare pie crust: Combine both packets of pie crust mix with 1/3 Cup cold water until pastry forms a ball. Flatten, then roll out on lightly floured surface.
- 5Using a round cutter or glass, cut 24 rounds in crust to fit in bottom of 24 muffin tins.
- 6Place dough circles in bottom of muffin tins.
- 7Top each circle with 1 tablespoons of jam.
- 8Pour cake batter over jam so that cups are 3/4 full.
- 9Bake in preheated oven till cake springs back when touched, 18 to 25 minute.
- 10Let cool 10 minute in pans before removing to wire rack to cool completely.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bakewell Tarts
Serving Size: 1 (97 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 298.8
- Calories from Fat 92
- Total Fat 10.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 26.8 mg
- Sodium 261.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 27.1 g
- Protein 2.7 g