Recipe by E.A.
This is a standard baked ziti recipe that is inexpensive and easy for weeknights. Add a nice ceasar or green salad and dinner is done. YAY!
Top Review by KellyMae
Easy and quick to assemble. Not sure what it was about this, but it was only ok. The red wine was a nice touch and really added a nice flavour. It seemed a bit bland and like something was missing, but I'm not sure what.
- 6 cups dried ziti pasta
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped very fine
- 2 garlic cloves (like garlic so I use 3)
- 26 ounces of your favorite spaghetti sauce
- 1⁄2 cup dry red wine
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook pasta according to package directions and drain.
- Meanwhile, in large skillet, cook meat, onion, and garlic until meat is cooked thoroughly and drain.
- In large bowl, stir together meat mixture, pasta, spaghetti sauce, wine, and seasoning.
- Pour into 13 x 9 inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle with cheese and bake for 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.