Cook2 hrs 30 mins
I got this recipe from my friend Jodi Moore in Bellingham Washington. She made it for a dinner party in the dead of winter and gave it to us in mugs as we walked in from the snow.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut squash in half, scoop out seeds.
- Place squash in roasting pan, skin side down. In cavities place 1 T. butter and 1 t. sugar. Place carrots and onions around squash.
- Pour 2 cups of stock in pan, cover and bake for 2 hours.
- Remove and allow to cool. Scoop out pulp from squash and place in soup pot. Add carrots, onions and cooking juices.
- Add remaining stock and mace, ginger, cayenne and salt to taste. Stir and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- Puree until smooth. Adjust seasonings.
- Serve with garnish of creme fraiche and chives.