1/2 Photos of Baked Trout, Irish Style
The Betty Crocker International Cookbook explains that a savory stuffing enhances the flavor of this baked trout dish, which is a favorite in coastal regions of Ireland. It's excellent served with traditional Irish Soda Bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine
- 1 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 4 drawn whole trout (about 8 ounces each)
- salt, for rubbing
- 12 cherry tomatoes (optional garnish)
- 1 sprig fresh parsley (optional garnish)
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Cook and stir onions and pepper in butter until onions are tender. Remove from heat. Stir in bread crumbs, parsley, lemon juice, salt, and basil.
- 3Rub cavities of each with salt. Stuff each fish with about 1/4 cup of the stuffing.
- 4Place fish in greased 13x9-inch baking dish. Bake in oven at 350° fpr 30 to 35 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with fork.
- 5Garnish with cherry tomatoes and sprigs of fresh parsley, if desired.
Browse Our Top Trout Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Trout, Irish Style
Serving Size: 1 (128 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 153.4
- Calories from Fat 108
- Total Fat 12.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 748.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 2.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: