Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
In this dish sweet potatoes are combined with dried fruit and cooked in sweet honey and orange sauce.
- Preheat over to 400 degrees.
- Lightly oil an 8 inch square baking pan or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place sweet potatoes in prepared pan and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake uncovered , until just tender, stirring several times, about 30 minutes.
- While sweet potatoes are baking, place apricots and prunes in a small heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water. Let stand for 30 minutes. Drain.
- In a small saucepan, combine remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Pour over sweet potatoes and add apricots and prunes, Mix well.
- Return to over and bake uncovered, stirring 5 minutes for 15 minutes.
I loved this dish! The blend of ingredients tastes wonderful. I look forward to making this again. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
Mmmm!! I really really liked this, the flavour was very good. I just made half the amount and I ate it all myself, I am embarrassed to say, but hey it was good so why not. I can't really describe the flavour, just that is was lovely and sweet and very tasty. I will be making this again, I haven't used a lot of sweet potatoes in the past, but I will rectify that now. Thank you for posting. Made for ZWT#6 2010.
We really enjoyed this method of making sweet potatoes. The flavors went well together and tasted great! Thanks for sharing. Made for ZWT 6.