Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
I love this recipe because it's not often you see sweet potatoes used without the sweeteners like brown sugar or honey. It's also really easy.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Coat the bottom of a glass or non-stick baking dish with olive oil, just enough to coat.
- Wash and peel the sweet potatoes. Cut them into medium size pieces.
- Place the cut sweet potatoes in the baking dish and turn them so that they are coated with the olive oil.
- Sprinkle moderately with oregano, and salt and pepper (to taste).
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 60 minutes or until soft.
I love sweet potatoes and I liked this recipe becasue they weren't sweet. The potatoes go well with almost any meal and are very easy to prepare. Thanks for posting! Made for PAC Fall 2008.
I know that sweet potatoes are much more nutritious for you than white potatoes but..I do not like sweet potatoes. I find them just too sweet for my tastes. My husband and 2 kids love them. I thought we'd try this as an alternative to the sticky sweet version they usually eat. My husband said they were ok and so did my daughter but they both prefer them with brown sugar and butter. My son inhaled them, and I thought they were really very good. I am rating them based on my liking them since I have never met a sweet potato I liked before. Thanks for a diff (and more healthful) way to prepare a heathy veggie! Reviewed for PAC Spring 2008.