Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Serve up with your favorite dipping sauce. If you like to spice things up, use cajun spice instead of gomashio. From How It All Vegan cookbook.
- 4 -6 large potatoes, diced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons gomashio (toasted sesame seeds crushed with sea salt-Gomashio (Toasted Sesame Salt))
- Preheat the oven to 400*F.
- Dice the potatoes to desired size and place in a bowl with some cold water. Let sit 5 minutes. Drain potatoes and toss with the oil and gomashio.
- Lay potatoes on a non stick cookie sheet(or grease a regular cookie sheet with non stick cooking spray).
- Bake 30 minutes, flipping after 15 minutes.
I also used Cajun seasoning. I forgot that it was salt-free, so my fries were kinda bland, but that's my fault. I definitely wanna try this again soon :D Thanks so much! :D
I had intended to make this with gomashio, but my husband thought the Cajun seasoning would work better with the chicken we were serving, so that's how I made it. I did cook this a bit longer, because we like our potatoes extremely crisp. I will try this again with the sesame. Thanks for posting!