Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
From Cooking Light, posted for safekeeping. If you can't find crema mexicana, use sour cream.
Make and share this Baked Potatoes With Corn and Crema Mexicana recipe from Food.com.
- 6 medium baking potatoes, about 3 lbs
- 4.92 ml cumin seed
- 59.14 ml finely chopped jalapeno (remove seeds and ribs for less heat)
- 29.58 ml finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 29.58 ml fresh lime juice
- 1.23 ml salt
- 432.33 g can corn, drained
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 88.74 ml Mexican crema (I think the brand we have here is Cacique)
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Pierce potatoes with a fork, and bake at for 1 hour or until tender. Cool slightly.
- Toast the cumin seeds in a small skillet over medium heat about 1 minute. Combine with next six ingredients (through garlic) in a medium bowl; stir well.
- Split potatoes lengthwise. Spoon about 1/4 cup corn mixture into each potato and top with 1 tablespoon crema mexicana.
This was very good. I made a Mexican Crema from this website using fat free sour cream. I enjoyed the tangy flavor of these potatoes, and they were very filling as well. This makes a great side dish to any Mexican dish. I served them with an Enchilada Casserole.