Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Unusual recipe here as the ingredients go in hot, and the slow cooker keeps this warm. This is great for singles, or a small family as this will already be cooked on the stove, and kept warm in the slow cooker.
- 4 large baked potatoes
- 2⁄3 cup butter
- 2⁄3 cup flour
- 6 cups milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 12 slices bacon, fried and crumbled
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces sour cream
- Cut potatoes in half, and scoop out pulp, and put in a small bowl.
- Melt butter in a large kettle, add flour, and gradually stir in the milk.
- Continue to stir until smooth, thickened and bubbly.
- Stir in potato pulp, salt, pepper, 3 of the green onions, 8 bacon slices, and 1 1/2 cups of the shredded cheese. Cook until heated.
- Stir in the sour cream.
- Now you can transfer this to the slow cooker set on LOW to keep warm.
- Top with the remaining onions, bacon, and cheese.
- Ready to take to a potluck, or straight from the cooker, to enjoy on a cool day.
Yum! The weather has cooled off a bit the last few days and this fit the mood and the weather. Nice comfort food that was easy to put together and tasted great. Thanks Doug for a nice keeper. Made for your win in the Football Pool. Congrats again.
YUM! The only change was to stir in the green onions about five minutes before serving
to maintain their bright green color. Next time I'll roast onions with the potatoes. Reviewed for Best of 2012.
My family loved this recipe. I followed all the ingredients and recipe. Made for PRMR.