Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
I fixed this easy dish for my dinner group and it was a hit! From Martha's "Food" cookbook
- Preheat oven to 450*.
- Cut tube in half shortway, then cut the halves in half long way into 8 fry like wedges.
- Using a non stick baking sheet with edges.
- Drizzle the olive oil.
- Arrange the wedges in one layer turning gently to coat.
- Bake 25 mins, turn gently and cook 20 - 30 mins longer.
- Turning more if you wish to be browned on all sides.
- Drain on papertowel lined plate.
- Toss with italian seasoning and salt and pepper before serving.
Delicious. Next time I will cut them thicker and keep them round, perhaps the size of silver dollars. These were an excellent alternative to potatoes!
turned out great! i had some polenta left over in my freezer from another meal and this was a nice way to use it. will deffinently make again.
I have tried for years to fry up polenta and it always spits and makes a mess. This was PERFECT! I used leftover Slow Cooker Cheddar Polenta for the polenta. This time when I made the polenta, I had spiced it up a fair bit with some chipotle chili pepper and some monterey jack with jalapeno peppers, so I didn't add in the italian seasoning or pepper. I simply gave it a sprinkle of salt while it was still warm. This went perfectly with a nice cool, creamy salad this afternoon. Thank you SO much for this!