New England Mashed Turnips
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
a good recipe from "food & recipies of the pilgrims"
- Ready In:
- 1 lb turnip
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- peel turnips with a peeler & cut them into 1/2-inch cubes.
- fill a medium-size pot with water & bring to a boil.
- add 1/2 teaspoon salt & turnip cubes & bring to a boil again.
- turn the heat low,cover the pot and simmer for 20 minutes or until the turnips are soft.
- drain the turnips into a colander in the sink.
- put the turnips back into the pot & warm on low heat for a minute ito dry off moisture.
- add butter,half-and-half & rest of the salt & pepper.
- stir with a spoon while the butter is melting.
- mash with a potato masher until soft & fluffy.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION