Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Easy peasy beginner recipe
- vegetable oil, for greasing pan
- 1 (16 ounce) package instant polenta
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease an 11 by 17-inch baking sheet pan with oil. Line pan with waxed paper. The oil will secure the waxed paper onto the pan.
- In a large pot bring to a boil 2 quarts of salted water. Stir in extra-virgin olive oil. When water has reached a boil, reduce heat to medium high and slowly add the polenta, whisking constantly for 3 minutes. When polenta is thick and smooth, pour it into the prepared pan. Spread the polenta evenly.
- Bake in oven for 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool in pan. Note: the polenta will not brown or change in color. When cool enough to handle, cut into any shape you desire.