Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is the only way to prepare carp for human consumption. You will need 1 large oak plank , 12-inch x 20-inch.
- 1 large carp, cleaned
- salt and pepper, to taste
- olive oil
- Preheat oven to 325 f .
- Rub olive oil over one side of plank.
- Salt and pepper the plank.
- Rub olive oil on both sides of fish.
- Salt and pepper both sides of fish.
- Place fish on seasoned plank.
- Place in oven and baked for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Throw carp in trash and eat the plank.
LOL! I loved it. BUT, have you ever ate smoked carp? Properly cleaned and prepared (cut out the mud vein) it's pretty good. Just gotta watch the fine bones. :-)