Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Baked halibut with parmesean and garlic breading as a topping.
Make and share this Baked Parmesan Halibut recipe from Food.com.
- Chop and lightly saute oil garlic with olive oil in a skillet. Under cook the garlic.
- Combine garlic, bread crumbs, grated parmesean, and parsley in a small bowl. Add black pepper and a few shakes of cayenne pepper (optional).
- Rinse fish. Coat with olive oil. Salt and pepper fish. Place fish in oven baking dish or oven-proof skillet.
- Cover top of fish with bread crumb topping.
- Drizzle with juice of half lemon.
- Bake at 400°F for 20 minutes (use your judgment based on size and thickness of fish).
- Bake until fish is lightly flaky and topping is brown.
- I make my own bread crumbs in a blender with stale bread. Sour dough bread is the best. If preparing in advance, you can marinate the fish in olive oil, salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, and parsley.
- This recipe is great for people who say they do not like fish. Fresh halibut is not fishy.