Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Simple yet tasty
Make and share this Baked Oregano Halibut recipe from Food.com.
- 4 (6 ounce) halibut steaks
- salt & pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup white wine (dry)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (lite or virgin)
- 2 green onions, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano (or a bit more, your taste)
- Season the halibut with salt& pepper, place in a single layer in a baking dish Whisk remaining ingredients together and pour over the halibut steaks.
- Cover and bake in 400F oven for apprx 20 minutes or until done.
Very quick and very good. I had to bake for 30 min, but it may be that my oven isn't getting as hot as it should. Get alot of good fresh halibut here in the Northwest and will make this again. Thanks.
Easy quick and tasty recipe. next time I will use more Lemon juice and less oregano, due to personal taste. Will be making this one again.
Very quick, tasty, and a not too overpowering recipe for the fish. I have never seen halibut in Australia, so used blue-eye trevalla-a firm, large-flaking white fish steak. Another great recipe thanks Bergy.