Recipe by Web Hamster
This is an ice cream pie that my mom used to make & call Baked Alaska - the easiest 7 minute version. I entered it in our county fair & won Best of Show, a gift certificate, & more but the best part was that the judges raved about it leaving only a puddle covered with huge ribbons.
- 1 purchased chocolate graham wafer pie crust
- 1 quart peppermint ice cream
- 3 egg whites
- 3⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 ounces chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Bake at least one day before serving so that it hardens up.
- Pack ice cream on crust without too much pressure so crust doesn't crack.
- Beat egg whites adding vanilla and sugar until stiff peaks form.
- Seal ice cream with meringue.
- Broil until light brown.
- Watch it closely.
- Melt cholocate chips with 1 to 2 teaspoons water and pour over top.
- Add cherry or sprinkles.