Recipe by The Giggle Box
This recipe is based on one of last years Pillsbury bake off finalists. My family loves meatball sandwiches, and this is a fun way to make them. We like to use Turkey meatballs, but I'm sure regular meatballs or Italian Sausage would be great too.
Top Review by ~cbw~
Yum! So easy to throw together and so good. I made my own french bread dough in my ABM instead of buying it and it worked great! I also used Easy Homemade Pizza Sauce recipe #60997 by Zenith. This is definitely one I'll be making again! Thanks Elmolvsu!
- 1 (11 ounce) canpillsbury refrigerated crusty French bread dough
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 10 medium meatballs, cooked and sliced,about
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1 tablespoon melted butter or 1 tablespoon olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray a large cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Unroll the french loaf.
- Spread pizza sauce on top.
- Cover with meatball slices.
- Cover with Mozzarella cheese.
- Add some parmesan cheese (optional).
- Starting with the long side, roll up the dough and press the edges together to seal.
- Make several slits in the top.
- Put on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then brush the top with butter or olive oil.
- Cook for another 5- 7 minutes, or until the top of the crust has browned.
- Let cool for 5 minutes, then cut and serve.