Recipe by mabelle317
An old family recipe - these freeze very well, especially without sauce. I like to prepare a large batch and flash-freeze the manicotti individually. A little sauce and about half an hour in the oven gives me a convenient, easy, home-cooked meal for just myself or for as many people as I'm serving.
- 6 eggs (room temperature)
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 lbs ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄3 cup romano cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- tomato sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine manicotti ingredients and beat until smooth. Let stand 1/2 hour or more.
- Slowly heat an 8-inch skillet, and spray with non-stick spray.
- Pour in 3 tablespoons of batter, rotating skillet quickly to spread batter evenly over bottom. Cook over medium heat until top is dry, but bottom is not brown.
- Turn on wire rack to cool. Continue cooking until all batter is used. As manicotti cool, stack with waxed paper between them.
- Filling: Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Spread about 1/4 cup filling down the center of each manicotti and roll up.
- Spoon 1 1/2 cups of your favorite spaghetti sauce in bottom of 13x9 pan.
- Place manicotti, seam side down, in pan. Cover with more sauce.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-45 minutes or until bubbly.