Prep 1 hr
Cook 15 mins
I love this recipe- I took another recipe I found and played with the ingredients. The other recipe called for less of other ingredients, but this taste better this way, I think. So AWESOME AND HEALTHY!!!
- 1 cup lentils (any more and they won't bake right)
- 1 quart water
- 2 tablespoons oil, canola
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic spread
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot chili powder
- Bring lentils to boil
- Put out on towel to dry (this might take a while).
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Line baking pan with tin foil and spray with non stick spray.
- Mix lentils and other remaining ingredients.
- Spread out on baking sheet.
- Bake for up 15 min, stir every few min, any more minutes and it will be too crispy.
- Let cool and have delicious snack.
I'll be honest...I was pretty skeptical of this. But I followed the directions exactly, and they were GREAT! I wasn't sure what "garlic spread" meant, but I used garlic powder. Very good recipe, hubby loved this for a snack, and I love it for the fiber he needs!