Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
A delicious twist on a popper, and good for the football games! Sure to be a hit with some Tortilla chips or toasted baguette slices! Best when served hot!
- 4 ounces canned jalapenos, well drained (include seeds if you like it really spicy) or 4 -6 fresh jalapenos, roasted and diced (include seeds if you like it really spicy)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- In a mixer or by hand, combine cream cheese and sour cream.
- Add cheddar cheese, 3/4 cup parmesan cheese, and diced jalapenos, mix well.
- Spoon into 8x8 baking dish, spreading evenly.
- Blend bread crumbs, melted butter, 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese, and dried parsley, using a fork or your fingers, until crumbly.
- Sprinkle the buttery crumb topping evenly over the cream cheese mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes, or until hot and breadcrumbs are golden brown. Do not overcook.
- Serve with bread or crackers --.
- Also delicious with a shot of hot sauce and worcestershire sauce blended in the cheese mixture before baking! Enjoy!