Recipe by Montana Heart Song
Bake two chicken breasts, cut in strips and make this batter to bake them in oven. Great crowd pleaser. I was able to get 18 chicken strips from two large chicken breasts. Ranch, Picante, ketchup or Sweet & Sour dips can be served. Chicken can be cooked ahead, cut and cooled, ready for the batter.
Top Review by kellychris
These turned out okay & could be better if the recipe described HOW TO batter the strips. The batter was good, the chicken was good, but the batter didn't seem to bake right on the chicken. We found that we liked this dipped in mustard. Thanks for sharing-made for Bargain Basement Tag.
- 2 large chicken breasts, cooked
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 chili peppers (optional) or 2 jalapeno peppers, diced (optional)
- 1 cup flour or 1 cup rice flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- Pam cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut chicken strips across the grain in thin slices. Set aside.
- In medium mixing bowl, add eggs, oil, chili powder, ground cumin, salt and paprika.
- Add optional diced peppers if desired. Whisk until mixed.
- In separate bowl mix flour and baking powder.
- Add into egg mixture and add milk. Mix with spoon. Batter will be sticky and texture like peanut butter.
- Preheat oven 400°.
- Spray Pam on baking pan.
- Coat each slice or strip with batter.
- Place on pan.
- Bake 12 minutes. Take out of oven.
- Turn the strips over. Bake 5 more minutes.
- They will be flat on one side.
- Serve with puffy side up.