1/2 Photos of Baked Chili Red Chicken Strips
Montana Heart Song's Note:
Bake two chicken breasts, cut in strips and make this batter to bake them in oven. Great crowd pleaser. I was able to get 18 chicken strips from two large chicken breasts. Ranch, Picante, ketchup or Sweet & Sour dips can be served. Chicken can be cooked ahead, cut and cooled, ready for the batter.
My Private Note
per per ...
Units: US | Metric
- 2 large chicken breasts, cooked
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 chili peppers (optional) or 2 jalapeno peppers, diced (optional)
- 1 cup flour or 1 cup rice flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- Pam cooking spray
- 1Cut chicken strips across the grain in thin slices. Set aside.
- 2In medium mixing bowl, add eggs, oil, chili powder, ground cumin, salt and paprika.
- 3Add optional diced peppers if desired. Whisk until mixed.
- 4In separate bowl mix flour and baking powder.
- 5Add into egg mixture and add milk. Mix with spoon. Batter will be sticky and texture like peanut butter.
- 6Preheat oven 400°.
- 7Spray Pam on baking pan.
- 8Coat each slice or strip with batter.
- 9Place on pan.
- 10Bake 12 minutes. Take out of oven.
- 11Turn the strips over. Bake 5 more minutes.
- 12They will be flat on one side.
- 13Serve with puffy side up.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Chili Red Chicken Strips
Serving Size: 1 (90 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 188.0
- Calories from Fat 98
- Total Fat 10.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 63.8 mg
- Sodium 428.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 10.1 g