Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This recipe is great for all phases of the South Beach diet. But it's so yummy you can eat it even if you're not counting carbs!
- 6 chicken breasts
- 170.09 g goat cheese, log type
- 170.09 g sun-dried tomato pesto (purchased or homemade)
- 118.29 ml fresh basil, finely chopped
- 177.44 ml parmesan cheese, freshly grated using fine grater
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Trim all visible fat and tendons from chicken breasts. Pound chicken until 1/4 inch thick.
- Put pesto, goat cheese, and chopped basil in food processor and buzz a few times until mixture is combined but not completely blended.
- Spread 1/6 of pesto/basil/goat cheese mixture on each chicken breast. Roll up chicken, starting with smallest end, tucking in loose pieces (you can secure with tootpicks if necessary).
- Put parmesan cheese in flat dish, and roll each rolled up chicken breast in the cheese, patting on so you get as much cheese sticking on as you can.
- Spray glass casserole dish with nonstick spray and arrange chicken so pieces are not touching. Bake 30-40 minutes, or until chicken is slightly browned and firm, but not hard to the touch.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
TOTALLY AWESOME is this recipe!
It gets a WOW from ME!
So easy to make,
SO easy to bake :)
GREAT for entertaining when want to look like you did fuss, true!
Was a BIG BIG BIG hit at our dinner party last night too!
RAVE REVIEWS!!! i fed 5 hungry boys last night with this and they literally ALL LICKED THEIR PLATES CLEAN!!!! i now have to cook every wednesday at their house. ;) i used... 8oz of goat cheese, 7oz of pesto, and about 6 fresh large sundried tomatoes (julienne). i then rolled the store bought thin sliced perdue chicken breasts til the filler was gone. made about 10 or so. some ppl requested a row of extra sundried (julienned again) rolled into theirs. i then rolled in whole wheat flour, egg whites, and then a combo of grated parm and whole wheat bread crumbs. baked at 350 for 40 mins PERFECTION. ty so much for the wonderful meal concept!!! <3
made this and it was soooo good. very easy and tasty. thanks