Prep 5 mins
Cook 18 mins
This recipe comes from Cooks Country magazine. It's a very easy, light, and tasty chicken dish. Perfect for prepping after a long day at the office.
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 (6 -7 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts, trimmed
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, minced
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 4 -6 lemon wedges
- Adjust oven rack to upper-middle position and heat to 425°F
- Combine bread crumbs, Parmesan, garlic, oil, salt, and pepper in a bowl.
- Pat chicken dry with paper towels and transfer to 9x13 baking dish. Combine basil and mayonnaise in a small bowl and spread mixture over chicken. Sprinkle bread-crumb mixture over mayonnaise, pressing lightly to adhere.
- Bake until crumbs are golden brown and instant-read thermometer (inserted into thickest part of chicken breast) registers 160°F 10-22 minutes. Serve with lemon wedges.
Making this for the third time tonight. It's a hit!
Everyone loved this chicken. I did substitute Italian seasoning for the fresh basil since that is what I had. Made for Fall PAC 2008
I made this last night and was a huge hit. I love how the mayo and basial combo keeps the chicken moist through the cooking process and the basil gave it an unexpected fresh taste to it. Thank you for submitting this recipe.