Recipe by Cynthia Q
I found this recipe at http://onceamonthmom.com/ (a great site that helps you fill your freezer by creating monthly menus using seasonal recipes). I haven't tried it yet...please review if you do!
Top Review by mama smurf
Made for Fall Pick-A-Chef and pretty much made as written except for cutting it down for two and like the other reviewer I seasoned the chicken with some roasted garlic and red pepper seasoning and cooked it in some of the oil from the sun-dried tomatoes. What a yummy and simple dish. Thank you for posting the recipe.
- 14 ounces penne
- 2 cups cooked boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 14 ounces artichoke hearts, undrained
- 1⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato, drained, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot, cook pasta in salted, boiling water before al dente, according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water to stop cooking process. While pasta cooks, combine artichokes in water, garlic, and Parmesan. Season to taste with salt and black pepper. Add artichoke mixture, cooked chicken, and sliced sun-dried tomatoes to pasta, stirring to coat evenly. Place pasta mixture in well-greased baking pan(s). Top with mozzarella cheese. Bake at 400F about 30 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.
- To freeze, follow directions above but do not bake. Cover tightly with foil, label and freeze. When ready to serve, preheat oven to 400°F Bake, covered, until the center is hot, about 1 hour. Remove foil; bake until cheese is golden, approximately 10-15 minutes more.